The Argosy

Royal Engagement Garners Media Attention

Back to Article
Back to Article

LONDON—The long anticipated engagement of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle was announced on Monday, Nov. 27. Meghan Markle is an American actress, model, and humanitarian. The Los Angeles resident will now be the first American to marry a member of the British royal family. It was announced that Ms. Markle will become a British citizen and be baptized in the Church of England. According to CNN, Meghan’s title will be “Princess Henry of Wales,” and is subject to change with the approval of the queen. It is predicted that her title will  become “Duchess of Sussex” and Harry will be named the “Duke of Sussex”.

The royal love story between Meghan and Harry has been closely followed by the media. The couple was introduced by a mutual friend in 2016. It was later revealed that the couple had been secretly dating throughout October 2016. Their relationship was confirmed by Prince Harry in November 2016.

This spring will be an excited time for the royal family. Prince William and Duchess Kate are expecting their third child in April. The royal wedding will take place in May 2018 in St. George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle.

Kaitlyn Stivers, Contributing Writer

Kaitlyn Stivers is currently a junior; yes, she knows you must be very jealous of her work load. In addition to being one of the most active members of...