The Argosy

MSDA Fall Pep Rally Held on November 3

CALDWELL–Mount Saint Dominic Academy held its fall pep rally on Friday, November 3 in the athletic center to acknowledge the outstanding performances of the fall sports teams as well as the upcoming fall drama.

The cheerleaders led the Mount in cheer by introducing the fall sports teams and their accomplishments. The Mount cheerleading team recently got a new head coach, Taylor Paxson, a Mount alumna. 

Continuing the team spirit, the soccer and field hockey teams versed each other in sockey, the combination of the two sports. The rules of the game are simple: the offense is only allowed to play with field hockey sticks, while the defense is allowed to play with their feet. To make things fair, each team was broken down into two teams so everyone could play.

Each team played for ten minutes and after the first round, field hockey won 2-0. However, the soccer team came back in the next round to win 3-1. To determine the winner, the field hockey team that won in the first round versed the soccer team that won in the second round. Within thirty seconds the field hockey team scored and won sockey.

Co-presidents of the Spirit Committee, Katherine Onello and Bridget Murphy are working hard to build up the spirit in the school. To show support, the two created a student section at Mount games called the “Lions’ Den.” The Lions’ Den is active at the majority of athletic games. All are welcome to join both the Lions’ Den and the Spirit Committee.

With the help of the Spirit Committee, the students, teachers and staff, the deans, and Sister Fran the first pep rally was a success.

To be updated with upcoming sport events please follow the Mount on Twitter(@msda_lions), Instagram (@msda_lions), and Facebook (@msdalionsathletics).

Follow the Lions’ Den on Instagram (@msda_lions-den).