The Argosy

Top 5 Movies to Watch this Christmas

Nothing describes the holiday season better than watching a festive movie with a warm drink and comfy clothes. Choosing the perfect holiday film can be challenging since there are so many great options. To save you the time and trouble, I compiled a list of the top five Christmas movies that are must-watches this holiday season.

1. Elf – Everyone needs a good laugh, seeing as the shopping and decorating is a lot to handle, this movie is sure to bring a smile to your face. Follow Buddy the Elf on his holiday adventure in New York City. Sit back and grab and snack of either candy, candy canes, candy corn, or syrup!

2. The Polar Express – This animated movie tells the story of a boy and his journey on a magical train to the north pole. The music, magic, and overall good feelings in this movie make you believe in Santa all over again. 

3. Disney’s A Christmas Carol – This animated classic appeals to Scrooges and merry carolers alike. The story follows a miserable old man ash he goes through his Christmas memories of the past,  present, and future. This story makes you realize the importance of family, friends,  and cherishing holiday memories.

4. Home Alone – Home Alone is a Christmas classic that all generations love and appreciate. This movie follows a little boy who has the house to himself this Christmas because his family forgot him when they left for vacation. Filled with great laughs and a little bit of action, this movie is a must see this December.

5. It’s a Wonderful Life – This timeless classic shows how important life is. This beautiful story is about a man who makes a wish that he was never born, and he gets to see what life would be like if that wish came true. This movie is filled with beautiful messages and it is guaranteed to make you feel closer to your friends and family this holiday season.

6. Some Honorable mentions: How the Grinch Stole Christmas, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Love Actually (A Ms. Zosche favorite!), A Charlie Brown Christmas, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, The Santa Clause, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, and Miracle on 34th Street.

I hope this list is helpful for those who are hoping to get in the Christmas spirit, whether you are a scrooge or a lover of all things holly and jolly!