Mrs. Hollenbaugh Profile

How she survived her fist year during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Today, I spoke with Ms Hollenbaugh in her office regarding the 2021-2022 school year. She is optimistic about pushing ahead this year, in a spot that we never thought we would be in after the course of the past 18 months. 

Q: “How is this school year different from any other school year?”

A:“Well this year is the only year I can think of that we’ve all been together but also have to wear masks so that’s obviously different for me personally it’s different because it’s my first year to be here with all of the girls here at the same time, whereas last year, you guys were hybrid. So it’s very different so I’m excited that I get to be part of the Mount the way the Mount is supposed to be.”

Q: “What are you looking forward to this school year?”

A:“I’m looking forward to getting to know the students more as individuals outside of the classroom because last year I didn’t get to get as involved in seeing you all play your sports, participate in extracurriculars, so for me I’m really looking forward to building closer relationships with the students.”

Q:“What is your favorite part of the school day?”

A: “My favorite part of the school day lately has been lunch because I’ve been making a point of getting out of my office and walking through and seeing students relax and socializing and eating.”

Q:“What do you think is our greatest challenge and accomplishment as a school this year?”

A:“I think that I have sort of the same answer for both questions which may sound a little bit odd but I think our biggest challenge is continuing and expanding our diversity, equity, and inclusion programming and work that we’re doing as a community, so that we can really demonstrate our commitment to fostering an environment where every student and every community member feels like they belong. I believe that we can also make this our greatest accomplishment, so for me it’s the same answer for both questions, which may seem a little bit odd, but I see it as a real opportunity that is challenging but worth every bit of energy that we put into it.” “

Please share our stories: