Meeghan Lonieski makes a GOAL and Commits to Hobart and William Smith College

I recently interviewed Meeghan Lonieski, a senior at Mount Saint Dominic Academy, on her recent commitment to Hobart and William Smith College in Geneva, New York. 

Meeghan has been a student at Mount Saint Dominic Academy since 2019. Although Meeghan has always placed a high priority on academic achievement, she also has a deep interest in lacrosse. Meeghan’s lacrosse career started at eight years old, and she has been playing lacrosse for ten years now. She has been on different club teams, but her current team is  Triple Threat Elite. Meeghan also plays for her high school team. Recently, Meeghan officially committed to play lacrosse at Hobart and William Smith College. I sat down to interview her to inquire about the factors that went into her decision. 

Throughout my interview with Meeghan, I learned many aspects about what made her choose Hobart and William Smith College. When determining a school, she thought about the various aspects that go into the decision. She stated, “I chose Hobart and William Smith College because of the environment.  A quarter of students are student-athletes, so professors understand what it means to be an athlete, and they work with the students.” Hobart and William Smith is on Seneca Lake with amazing views and lots to do. As you can tell, it was clear that Meeghan valued the environment and the academics which factored into her decision. This helped me understand that she chose the university she wanted to go to based on a variety of reasons in addition to lacrosse. 

In looking for the ideal school, I learned more about Meeghan Lonieski and why she chose Hobart and William Smith College. Although the jump from high school lacrosse to college level is significant, we are certain she will do amazing and go far in life and wish her the best of luck.

Please share our stories: